Saturday, August 17, 2013

Will Egypt Ever Heal?





 
 

Will Egypt Ever Heal?

I have witnessed more hate and 'blood thirst' in Egypt in less than a week than what I have witnessed in 30 years of living in Egypt. The hate and blood thirst that Egyptian should have had directed at their oppressors and abusers for 30 years plus, all piled up against each other, and mostly with support from the institutions and media that sustained and protected the past oppressors and abuser - and even under the same leadership of the past abusers in many cases.
How can so many smart people give up their brains and even their souls willingly and joyously to the same people and institutions that actively and forcefully brain-washed and enslaved them for 6 decades?
 
How can you cheer and incite further the same criminals and bullies that took advantage of you for so long just because they are picking on someone else now?
 
Can whole so many people be so gullible? Or are they simply that evil?

On both sides of the big rift I had friends that I would have trusted with my life a couple of months ago. I would be naive to feel like that anymore. Will I ever heal??

 

No comments:

Post a Comment